Where to Register a death in Nottinghamshire.
A death in Nottinghamshire must be registered within 5 days, and you are advised to download our Guide to how to register a death in Nottinghamshire. That will make sure you have a chance to collect all the necessary information to make the process of registering the death as straightforward as possible. A death can be registered in another Registration District, but this can delay the funeral.
You need to contact the Nottinghamshire Registrar of Births and Deaths to arrange an appointment to register the death on 0300 500 80 80. If the death is within the City of Nottingham, then you need to contact the Nottingham City Registrar.
Calls to the Nottinghamshire Registrar cost no more than calls to standard geographic numbers (01 or 02) and will also be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes.
minicom: 01623 434993
You can call the Nottinghamshire Registrar of Deaths:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
- Saturday: 8am to 12 noon,
Where there are vital religious or other reasons that you need to contact the Nottinghamshire Registrar of Birth and Deaths out of hours, the emergency contact number is 0115 977 3674. The Emergency Service will contact the Registrar.
These are the local service points where you may be able to make an appointment to register a death in Nottinghamshire, but please don’t call without an appointment.
- Basford Registration Office
- Beeston Registration Office
- Bingham Registration Office
- Carlton Registration Office
- East Leake Registration Office
- Eastwood Registration Office
- Hucknall Registration Office
- Mansfield Registration Office
- Newark Registration Office
- Nottinghamshire Register Office (Worksop)
- Ollerton Registration Office
- Retford Registration Office
- Rushcliffe Registration Office
- Southwell Registration Office
- Stapleford Registration Office
- Sutton-in-Ashfield Registration Office.
It would be somewhat unwise to write to the Registrar to inform them of a death in view of the requirement to register the death within 5 days, but the central address for Nottinghamshire Registrar of Births and Deaths.
Nottinghamshire County Council.