Scotland Download Forms for Confirmation
If you wish to carry out the process of confirmation following a death in Scotland, here are links to download the forms. Should you need professional help, please use the form at the bottom of this page (or give us a ring and ask for one of our Scottish law firms to call you back.)
Please note that we do not post out these forms.
- General Guide to Scottish Confirmation.
- C1 Inventory Form (PDF, 461KB)
- If the deceased lived in Scotland use form C1 to apply for confirmation by providing an inventory of the deceased’s estate.
- Integrated Inventory – – contains form C1 confirmation and form C2 continuation (PDF, 529KB)
If the deceased lived in Scotland use this integrated version to get forms C1 Confirmation and C2 Inventory continuation sheets which are linked together
Help and guidance relating to the C1 and C2 confirmation forms:
- C3 (2006) – Notes for completion of form C1 (Confirmation Inventory) and form C5 (2006) (HM Revenue and Customs) (PDF, 267KB)
- Continuation sheets
- C2 (Lined) – Inventory Continued (PDF, 421KB)
For use if you run out of space on form C1 Confirmation forms.
- C5 (2006) – Return of Estate Information
Use this form with form C1 Confirmation if the deceased’s estate is an ‘excepted estate’ and the person had their permanent home Scotland
- C5 (SE) (2006) – Information about Small Estates
Use form C5 with form C1 Confirmation where the estate is under £36,000 and is likely to be an ‘excepted estate’ and the person died as a permanent resident of Scotland
- C5 (OUK) (2006) – Return of Estate Information
Use this with form C1 Confirmation above when the estate is not likely to owe Inheritance Tax and the person died with their permanent home abroad and limited assets in Scotland
- IHT400 – Inheritance Tax Account
Use form IHT400 and schedules IHT401 to IHT430 in the confirmation process if there is Inheritance Tax to pay or the estate is not an ‘excepted estate.’
Confirmation HMRC forms in alternative formats
If you would like an HMRC form in large print, Braille or another alternative format, please contact the relevant HMRC helpline – see the link below.
Enquiry for Professional help – please give enough information for us to pass on your enquiry to a suitable firm.